Monday, January 23, 2012

Home

We have been home from the hospital for 2 weeks now and Madeline is doing so amazing. She is eating like crazy (which is a really good sign), as well as gaining weight, and just being happy. The hardest part has been dealing with her poor sensitive skin. We have her on oxygen and have to tape the oxygen on tubes on to keep them on her. The only problem is that she seems to break out in a rash to almost every kind of tape we can find. We finally went to a medical supply store and bought some of their tape in hopes that it helps. We got it down to a mild rash however when we were changing the tape last night it actually pulled some skin off. I felt sooo bad. I am hoping that we can get something figured out soon. (Hopefully just getting her off of oxygen).

She is also always trying to eat her oxygen when she can get it pulled down I think she thinks it is a pacifier.

The hardest part has been the fact that we are all just getting so stir crazy. We really can't take her anywhere with RSV season being in full swing. With Aaron working like crazy on his Master's project and then working evenings it leaves very little time for getting groceries, or even just going outside at all. I usually just have to call a neighbor to stay with Madeline just so I can get groceries once a week. Aaron tries to let me get out but I really don't feel like leaving once the kids are in bed. I have some awesome friends who are always willing to give us a break it is just that they usually aren't free till after 5 and by then Aaron is home and we have dinner and our few hours as a family. So if I can just get through the next few weeks or being a shut in, I think life will be Okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment